The Celtic Knot Conference 2017 is the first Wikipedia Language conference organised in collaboration between the University of Edinburgh and Wikimedia UK focusing on supporting Celtic & Indigenous Languages.
- This Wikimedia UK event will showcase innovative approaches to open education, open knowledge and open data that support and grow Celtic and Indigenous language communities.
- Identifying ways in which our cultural heritage can be not just preserved but, as living languages, engaged with and expanded on so as to enrich the linguistic map of the British Isles and beyond through a cross-pollination of ideas & knowledge exchange.
- Building bridges between communities, this event seeks diverse participants who will share their practice and discover fruitful new collaborations as a result.
Please save the dates. Booking is now open if you would like to attend.
We are open for business … EDGE2017
EDGE is the premier development event for elected members, Chief Executives, Directors, Heads of Service, trustees, E-government and community professionals, library vendors, and others with an interest in libraries and information
EDGE2017 – Keeping libraries relevant in a changing world
Thursday 2nd & Friday 3rd March 2017
The Radisson Blu, 80 High Street, Edinburgh
details and booking at: http://edgeconference.co.uk/
The Importance of EDGE
The Scottish Government believes it is vital that adequate library services are in place across Scotland. Libraries offer crucial support to help people help themselves – to support literacy, digital participation, learning, employability, health, culture and leisure. They can improve the quality of people’s lives and support them to engage in the democratic process. We are fully aware of the commitment that local authorities have to maintaining good quality, innovative library services and the City of Edinburgh Council is at the forefront of this, having developed the EDGE conference as an opportunity to share good practice and discuss future developments.
Can you afford to miss it?
EDGE2017 highlights and rewards good practice in innovative library and information projects which:
- Show or sell benefits of library and information services to other sectors, organisations and communities
- Demonstrate innovation and creativity
- Increase participation
Libraries Rock, Libraries are alive!
It’s Libraries time to shine
EDGE2017 rewards excellence.
The awards are open to global applications. Finalists will be offered 1 complimentary 2 day delegate & dinner place and one discounted 2 day delegate & dinner.
Closing date 3rd February 2017